9.10.11

In an explosive lawsuit filed in Hudson County Superior Court, a Jersey City Medical Center EMT who is Arab claims that over the past four years he's been bombarded with ethnic slurs and taunts from coworkers."You have no idea how hard I tried to show them I was working hard, educated, intelligent, willing to help," Nader Mousa, 45, of Jersey City.t was nice and fine until Sept. 11. I mean, I don't blame people, but I'm working with you. I'm your partner. We are saving people. Are you going to treat me like Bin Laden?" added Mousa, who was hired as an emergency medical technician at the hospital in August 2006.

According the 23-page lawsuit originally filed in July 2010, but amended three weeks ago, "upper management" of the Medical Center "failed to respond to the plaintiff's email and failed to prevent continuing discriminatory conduct against plaintiff.Mousa's lawsuit paints a far different picture.

It says that on one occasion a coworker greeted him saying "What's up you (bleeping) terrorist. How many virgins you get if you become a suicide bomber."
A second EMT responded "seventy," according to the suit.

In another instance, a coworker said "You know what? They should nuke the (blanking) Middle East and kill everybody and take the oil," the suit alleges.
During another incident, a coworker said to Mousa, "Let me just pat you down to make sure you have no vest." And while patting the plaintiff's body said "OK...Good," according to the suit.

No comments: